Thursday, March 3, 2011

Living Sculpture

Could you imagine having this "living castle" to play in in your back yard?
While looking for other things internet, I got caught up in looking for unrelated things which happens oh so frequently.

I came across "living sculpture," where artists use plants (sod, flowers) to create three dimensional sculptures in the landscape.  The "living" comes from the fact that the medium/media the artists use is/are living organisms, such as plants.  I thought--to a smaller scale than some of these examples I am about to show you here--a sleeping giant in a child's garden would provide fantasy, whimsy, and the comfort of having a genial giant in your back yard to rest upon!

Jeff Koons' "Puppy"  A fave of my son's and me











































I love the use of more "natural" plants in this one: ferns, moss.  
It truly is like a giant fell asleep here many years ago...

Do you think aliens made this particular crop circle?












And now for a living sculpture we are all familiar with: Ch-ch-ch-Chia!

No comments:

Post a Comment